Homeopathic medicine has taken off in recent years.
People are turning to nature for relief from a variety of illnesses.
One of the remedies being explored is Bach flower remedies.
What Are Bach Flower Remedies?
This is a type of homeopathy developed by Edward Bach, a homeopath, physician, pathologist, and bacteriologist in the 1930s. He used different flowers and herbs to affect healing in an individual. He believed that true healing meant
addressing the dis-ease at its emotional source so turned to the essence of flowers.
His technique was to use different flower materials (that he determined were most potent) and mix them with water and brandy. As is the nature of homeopathy, the mixture was continuously diluted until only the essence of the starting flower material was present. He believed that it was this essence that could heal a person.
The remedies can be used alone or in conjunction with other remedies,
and are safe for children and pets as well.
Bach flower remedies are used mostly to affect emotional states in an individual.
Depending on the symptoms, you may want a standard remedy or create one by making a combination.
Since Bach flower remedies are made with alcohol, this has been a concern for some.
However, because of the dilution sequence, there is very little alcohol present.
For some remedies, there are alcohol-free versions.
There are 38 Bach remedies and Rescue Remedy (so technically 39)
which then are broken into
7 headings to help you identify which will support your needs,
3. Insufficient interest in present circumstances
5. Over sensitivity to influences and ideas
6. Despondency or Despair
7. Over-Care for welfare of others
Here are some examples of flower essences and the conditions they might be used for.
* Rescue remedy – This is one of Dr. Bach’s standard remedies. It is used to reduce stress, anxiety and acting out. It is composed of cherry plum, clematis, impatiens,
star of Bethlehem and rock rose. It is what you might reach for in an emergence.
* Clematis – This flower is used in a remedy designed to restore focus and stop mental concentration issues. For those who are dreamy, drowsy, not fully awake.
* Hornbeam – For those who feel they do not have enough strength, mentally or physically to carry the burdens of life.
* Impatiens – As you would guess, it helps with those who are impatient or easily irritated.
* Larch – This flower essence can help boost confidence in those who are easily discouraged, lack self-esteem or lack a feeling of value in themselves. For those who expect failure.
May these 39 remedies aid you with your self-care, giving you more options and ways to tackle those pesky challenges in life.