greater in amplitude than the brain waves
recorded in an electroencephalogram.
The heart's electromagnetic energy can be detected and measured several feet away from a person's body. HeartMath studies "heart coherence," a state in which the heart, mind, and emotions are in harmonious alignment, and the impact of this state on health and human performance.
Just as the mind needs to be exercised to build strength and flexibility,
so does the heart. Heart Lock-In is and emotional restructuring technique.
Enjoy the power and clarity it will bring you.
The Heart Lock-In is designed to help you increase the power of your heart and improve the way you feel, physically, mentally, and emotionally. The longer you are able to hold your attention in the heart, the better you will feel.
Heart Lock-Ins can help with feelings of depression, anxiety, or fear. The Heart Lock-In begins to help immediately, although it may take time for your emotions to even out and for you to really feel better again. Be patient with yourself when you have difficult feelings. And have compassion for yourself too; that will help you deal with
stress and make it less hard on you.
One of the most important steps in the Heart Lock-In is to send appreciation or love. By sending we mean to realy feel love going out from you to another person. Years of research show that feeling love or appreciation causes a number of biochemical changes that benefit our bodies and our minds. That is why love feels so good.
It is one of the bodies natural states.
Practicing the Heart Lock-In can help you save energy in dealing with stress and shorten the time it takes you to get back on your feet emotionally.
Steps to the Heart Lock-In
1. Find a quiet place where you can relax for 5-10 minutes and close your eyes.
2. Gently shift your attention away from the mind and emotions and focus on the heart area. Allow yourself to breathe slowly through the heart/chest area. For some it helps to place your hand over your heart for easier focus.
3. Now, focus on creating a genuine feeling of appreciation and care for someone or something positive in your life. Really try to feel the emotions of appreciation and care, as this anchors you more deeply in the heart.
4. While maintaining your focus in the heart area, gently send positive feelings of appreciation, care and love to yourself and others. As you catch your mind wandering, gently refocus your breathing back to your heart and reconnect with the attitude of care and appreciation.
5. After you have finished doing the Heart Lock-In, try to sincerely sustain those feelings of appreciation, care, and love as long as you can. This will act as a cushion against recurring stress or anxiety.