Acne, dry skin, stretch marks, rough patches, and peeling are just some of the problems that can befall your skin.
Essential oils are all natural miracles of nature that are of great use in all natural skin care.
The following are some essential oils that will help
with the listed problems and more.
Caution: Essential oils need to be diluted before topical
use as they can burn the skin.
Use a carrier oil with a formula of 1 drop of essential oil
for each 1 ml of carrier oil, such as olive oil, jojoba, grapeseed and others. Do a quick test on a small patch
of your skin to check for any adverse reaction. Certain essential oils should not be used by
pregnant women, infants, or young children, so do your research.
Best Oils For Skin Health
1. Rose Hip: This oil is rich in vitamin C and lycopene, which allows it to rejuvenate your skin
and improve elasticity. Pregnant women can especially benefit from this oil because
it works wonders on stretch marks.
2. Evening Primrose Oil: This oil is great for treating the itch and inflammation of eczema.
It is known for its moisturizing
effects and the fatty acids in this oil have soothing properties that really help with dry, itchy skin.
3. Tea Tree: Has antibacterial properties and reduces oil production to prevent and
control acne breakouts.
4. Frankincense: Both an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, great for acne prone skin
and a natural toner that evens skin tone. It also protects skin cells and encourages new cell
growth. Frankincense also reduces wrinkles, tightens the skin, soothes dryness, and is a
great anti-aging oil.
5. Neroli: A wonderful anti-aging oil that helps revive mature skin, smooths fine lines,
and tones sagging skin. It’s great for oily and sensitive skin. Neroli also contains a
compound known as citral that helps regenerate cells so it helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Scars, wrinkles, dark spots, and other skin blemishes don’t stand a chance against neroli oil. This helps to improve skin’s elasticity as well and also stimulates cell growth and regeneration.
For younger-looking skin, neroli oil can be used in creams, lotions,
and in serums to reduce signs of aging and fatigue.
6. Geranium: Regulates oils production, prevents acne, improves skin elasticity, and tightens
the skin to reduce wrinkles. Also works as a great treatment for cuts, burns and other
minor skin injuries along with dermatitis and eczema. Geranium is a great anti-inflammatory.
It also helps to fade age spots and even out
skin tone. Geranium is also effective for improving circulation under the skin’s surface,
which encourages cell regeneration. With this oil, scars, wrinkles, and other troublesome imperfections will fade in no time.
7. Argan Oil: One of the leading essential oils in skin hydration, argan oil contains almost 80 fatty acids, which help drench skin in moisture, restore and encourage elasticity and fade wrinkles and fine lines. Argan oil is also an excellent carrier for anti-aging serums, making it a must for your daily skincare routine. It also contains a number of other benefits such as protection against outside agents and environmental damage, fading scars, and treating acne.
8. Rosemary: This essential oil is effective in increasing skin elasticity, overall circulation,
and lymph drainage. It helps to decrease the signs of aging and allows the skin to reclaim
a healthy, youthful glow.
9. Almond Oil: Sweet almond oil is a great source of vitamin E and K. It helps skin restore and maintain elasticity and allows cell regeneration, which promotes healthy, glowing skin.
It is also a promoter of better circulation and naturally protects against UV rays, making it
great for those who spend a lot of time outdoors.
This oil is also odorless and absorbs quickly into the skin.
10. Avocado Oil: Rich in vitamins A and E, avocado oil is a thick, hearty oil that works well for boosting collagen production and skin elasticity. It is best used in serums at night to
rejuvenate skin due to its anti-aging properties. This oil is also high in fatty acids,
which means it’s great for skin hydration.
11. Pomegranate Seed Oil: Like the fruit, pomegranate seed oil is rich in antioxidants,
which help to slow and even prevent free radical damage that causes premature aging.
This oil contains Ellagic and punicic acids that are known to improve skin elasticity, nourish skin,
and encourage cell regeneration. In addition to this, pomegranate seed oils helps to
protect against the elements and heal dry, burned, irritated, or otherwise damaged skin.
It is especially helpful against conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
12. Lavender: Lavender essential oil is calming for the skin and acts as a healing agent for a number of problems. Acne, bruises, fine lines, and wrinkles fade when lavender is used due to its skin cell regulating properties. It helps to heal and conceal most all skin imperfections and offers a light,
soothing smell. Lavender also regenerates skin cells, helps sunspots, and scarring.
13. Clary Sage: Is especially useful for more mature skin.
It helps to brighten dark spots and age spots, blur fine lines and wrinkles,
and encourage cell regeneration for younger-looking skin.
14. Sandalwood: Is highly effective for repairing skin damage of all kinds.
It soothes irritated skin while working to fade wrinkles, lines, and scars by smoothing the
surface of the skin. It is often used in calming lotions, incense,
and helps your skin to glow with health.
15. Lemon: Dark spots and wrinkles are healed with the help of lemon essential oil.
This refreshing citrus oil reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles while
helping to prevent signs of premature aging.
16. Frankincense: This ancient essential oil is great for tightening sagging skin, evening skin tone,
and regulating the skin’s pH balance. It also works on reducing the appearance of dark marks
and scars and smooths fine lines and wrinkles.